Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsoboti
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn
It sounds like there were 2 manufacturers of the bolts and the Xdrives seem to not be affected from what I am seeing. Engine assembled at a different plant? Not sure why, but most people with Xdrives seem to say they are not affected. rwd 335i's seem to be sprinkled, but most are affected.
I have an xdrive (build 7/10) and I got the notice. On my road trip that I'm currently one I'm 99% sure at least one of the bolts sheared off. Got the half engine light, heard that shearing off noise for a bit but when I was finally able to pull over it was running normal again and no more lights. Probably got the head of one of the bolts floating around in my oil pan now and keeping my fingers crossed that I make it back home without any more of them shearing off
Can you describe the noise?
It sounds like scraping a fork over a rough metal surface. Not super loud but very noticeable. Didn't do it for long though and then it sounded normal again.
Uh oh. I have a noise sometimes that might be this. No limp mode or anything though. Just kind of a squeaking coming from the engine. Happens sometimes and then sometimes is normal. Problem is, I would hate to take the Jb4 off and put the stock intake on just to take it to the dealer and have it not make the noise.

I'll try and get the noise on video so we can compare
JB4 G5 ISO FF | BMS Performance Intake | BMS Wheel Spacers | VRSF Catless DP | Red CYBA Scoops | Supreme Power Lowering Perches | VRSF Charge Pipe | VMR 810 19x8.5 ET35 19x9.5 ET33 | Michelin PSS 235/265 | BMS CDV | BMS Clutch Stop | 4'' Tips
Appreciate 0