norsairius
Foodie and Gearhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru335i View Post
I'm in Minneapolis too. I just got the half engine light and the vanos codes so I took mine to Motorwerks on Monday.
My build date is 06/10 and they said I definitely am part of the recall but they don't have the parts.
For now I am driving around in a loaner 320i. Who knows how long it will take but I am driving the loaner like I stole it! haha

At first my SA didn't realize my car is CPO and he said the investigation to determine if it is the vanos is a 7.5 hour job. Thank god I don't have to pay for this shit out of pocket!
Motorwerks has been pretty good to me so far, Minnetonka is too far for me.
I thankfully haven't had any issues with my VANOS bolts (yet) and I'm hoping for them to get the parts soon. Some additional peace of mind never hurts!

As was mentioned in the recall letter I linked to, most reported issues seem to be with cars that have build dates between May-July 2010, so it looks like your car was in that group. So for your sake and mine, mostly yours, I hope the parts come in soon!

As for Motorwerks, a friend and I had some lackluster experiences with their sales staff on separate occasions, but I'm sure their service is great! I've been very happy with BMW of Minnetonka all around, but they're also not too far for me. Best to go with what's convenient especially if the service is great after all!

Gotta love the loaner vehicles too. I got a 320i loaner when my car was in to get the interior/exterior protection stuff worked up. It's a peppy little car. Speed feels on-par with the VW GTI I used to have. I still think the steering is way too light at low speeds but BMW did fix it so it's better as the car gets moving.