View Single Post
      07-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

An Experience of a Lifetime

Hey everyone! My name is Adyan R, and I'm 15 years old. I'm a huge BMW enthusiast like you all (in fact, I'm the one who got the family into modding haha ). As you can see in my sig, we (my parents) have a modified BMW 550i GT, and I've been on this forum a while. However, besides cars, I recently seized the opportunity to do something I've never done before, and I wanted to share it with you all.

On July 4th, two friends, Yixuan and Race, and I will be flying out to China. From there we will be visiting two towns in Huining, a part of the Gansu province in China. These areas are some of the most poverty-stricken places in China, yet they are known to produce some of the most intelligent kids in the country. We will be assisting in teaching middle & high school kids English in two different schools. This is unlike most trips, since we'll actually be toughing it out and living with the kids in their paltry conditions, rather than teaching for a few hours and returning to a nice comfy room in a fancy hotel. We will go from the cushy comfortable life of America to the brutal lifestyle of the people of Huining. Limited electricity, scare resources, and little to no running water.

We will also be working with world famous director Wang Yang (with Cnex). He has produced a few documentaries, including the award-winning China Gate, which depicts the struggles of the students of Huining, whom will be actually working with in China. Mr. Yang has been inspired by our journey to create a sequel to China Gate, in which we will also be featured as we live the lives of fellow Huining kids.

All in all this in an amazing adventure, and I want to help raise awareness for these kids. Therefore, I created my own Facebook page, where I will try to keep you all updated to the best of my ability. Yixuan, Race, and I would appreciate if you take just a minute of your time to click the link below and visit the page, and maybe give it a like or so. It helps not only bring our trip to light, but also show how some of the smartest kids come from places you'd never expect, and their struggle to do so in the process. Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this, and I hope you enjoy the page.

www.facebook.com/HuiningGate or search for Huining Gate - 会宁县的门 : The Experience of a Lifetime on Facebook.

Last edited by TheBlackGT; 07-24-2014 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 1