svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Fuel in China is not exactly low price when compared with US or Middle East. They are controlled by the government (tho it'll loosen soon).
I don't know what they're currently do but when I was in Shanghai 5 years ago (and yes, that's quite a while lol), it was pretty cheap from what I can imagine. But, I also remember that it started to increase while I was there so perhaps it increased more than I expected

Quote:
Fuel supply in HK operates in a oligopolistic manner as the market is dominated by the big 3 (ExxonMobil, Shell & Caltex), & all suppliers (big 3 plus the 2 Chinese brands) get their fuel from the same refineries (mostly from Singapore, some from Philippines). The only difference between the brands are the additives used.
HK Government is very strict on vehicle emissions standards (e.g. cars registered after 1/6/12 must comply with either EU5 or Japanese JC08), & too strict for diesel private vehicles (i.e. they use the equivalent EU petrol standard rather than the diesel standard).
IC.. I guess the government there needs to be that strict, when I look how many people are located on that little piece of land. It's not fun but if they don't regulate these things and be quite strict in that situation, it might become quite a problem there for the people.

Quote:
In terms of petrol, yes. Cars even worse. Otherwise it's a tax haven (i.e. income tax capped at 15%, no import tax on anything & no VAT) if u're not a smoker.
Wow that's not bad for those things =)

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0