Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW 328 [Sold]

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Excellent, strong portrait work. Is that lovely blond your wife? She's a great subject, with a nice mix of beauty and depth in her expressions.

My site is my link in my signature, just Flickr.

I tried Smugmug for a couple of years, but they raised their price exponentially and I didn't do a good job of keeping two sites up to date.

Here's my stuff for sale at Getty:

http://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/...se&sort=newest

Let me know if you can't see that. I don't think that you have to sign up with Getty as a potential buyer to browse and search, but you might.

A friend and I are considering starting a by invitation only, to include some top photographers that we know and then pay Google Search for search status. I'm curious to see if it's worth the investment of money and time.

I'm convinced that the way to sale landscapes is in a gallery. I've promised a friend to pay for a small bit of wall space if he can successfully open a gallery.

Anyway, I'm just trying to cover my equipment cost and justify using Schedule C on my tax return. I've stepped up my marketing efforts recently and will spend considerably more time on that end of my photography going forward. I don't want it to stop being fun, but I'm curious to see if it can pay for itself and also help the travel budget.

Dave
Nice! Selling images would be sweet and I want to do that but I realized I have to get more exposure for that first. So I'm trying to do that for now.

I agree with smug mug though, but too expensive for me. I currently use Flickr and just recently went to tumblr for a one-page site with all my links and samples on it.

It'll do for now.
Appreciate 0