View Single Post
      04-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #47
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

I'm surprised at the ruling only due to the reputation that precedes Torres. Normally the NHL takes that into account pretty religiously. However, I'm not surprised the NHL is looking out for its best interests as a business.

Buttman doesn't want poor, small market teams who boo him into oblivion (read: Detroit) or teams who thrive on their European talent (look at Ovechkin's being painted as the big bad Russian villain) when he could have the North American all-stars (Crosby, Kane, Thornton, Toews, etc....), a burgeoning market since the ridiculously successful Olympics (Vancouver), or their very own team (the fucking Coyotes; I mean c'mon now, how many sports wouldn't even put themselves in that position for conflict of interest).

Let's face it; the NHL needs money more than any of the other major sports at the moment, and the best way to do that is to play out these magnificent stories and bedroom-wall-heroes. They're so fucking obvious about it, it's sick.

I'd like to see the NHL flourish just as much as the next guy, but it's obvious there are alterior motives that run from Buttman>Campbell>Gregson>officiating crews... before these games start. For those of you that raise the BS flag to this, keep in mind the NBA has been outed for doing it as well, and if the NBA did it, you can bet your ass the NHL's front office is more than capable.
Appreciate 0