Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30al View Post
I’ve got a 2017 340i tuned with MHD OTS stage 2 and I’ve been using the flex fuel option with a TU fuel pump running E40. I’ve been running this for about 6 months with no issues until recently.. Last weekend I had drivetrain malfunction pop up and the engine was bucking very briefly. I assumed it was fine since it went away and there was no CEL. Now this morning I had a CEL pop up as well as drivetrain malfunction on the idrive screen. I checked the error codes and saw 4 active codes and a new shadow (inactive) code. I took it for a drive around the block and it would not let me go over 2 PSI of boost and the exhaust also sounded louder than normal... If anyone is familiar with these codes and can tell me about them and how I should troubleshoot please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Possibly the wastegate arm hitting the downpipe v band (that could be preventing you from making more boost)? Maybe the downpipe v band came undone slightly causing exhaust to leak out from the hotside of the turbo to downpipe?
Appreciate 1
f30al4.50