Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
The Z4 lost a lot of its everyday practicality when they got rid of the Z4-coupe. It had a large boot easily accessible with a rear hatch. It was a lot easier to live with on a day to day basis, as your only vehicle. I bet a lot of people would be driving a N54 powered Z4-coupe, if it existed.
I have the current Z4 and it has become my daily driver. Trunk space hasn't hindered me from using it everyday at all. The Z4s drivers main complaint is being unable to fit a golf club but only when the top is down. With the top up, a golf club could fit in there w/o much hassle and if they had a coupe, they wouldn't be able to put the top down anyways so I say just drive with the top up when your going to play golf, just as you would with the coupe anyways.

Z4 coupes trunk is definitely bigger but the E89s trunk space isn't as bad as most think.

I also disagree with BMW not seeing the current Z4 as having a classic design. I see it aging well and I saw the car that way before I even owned one and was considering the Cayman so I am not really as biased being an owner. It's simply a classic roadster look (long hood, short trunk) and the addition of the hardtop is just a big plus. The cabin is quieter and I can actually leave the car outside (and even drive it) even in the most severe weathers. As severe as it can get in Cali anyways.