10-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #4852
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by druu View Post
well thats kind of disheartening given that its a camera for 2014 vs a camera from 2012. But then again it was always 7d vs 5d2 in the past and the quality differences are likely to follow suit.

I think i'm going to wait till the canon loyalty deals come in for the 7d2. Maybe.
ehh. Its a crop sensor vs full frame. So higher ISO performance is naturally in the 5D's favor. Good light has always been a caveat for good 7D images. But its designed as a sports camera. Sports typically take place during the day, or under flood lights. So its never really an issue.

If somebody wants to put up some comparison shots, ill attach a few of my (rare) night shots with my 7DI.

Link to the album -
View post on imgur.com

Theyre pretty solid, I think. But the noise is noticeable. I also had an issue with softness at higher ISO, but that may be a consequence of the slow shutter speed that I needed to run. Back then my fastest lens was F/4, I know, terrible. haha

If anyone is in Vegas next week you can go to GRC and get some comparison night shots with a 7DII!

Last edited by BrokenVert; 10-30-2014 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0