11-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #29
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
drove one and it was the purest bmw ive ever driven......wow...the sound with the top down and the engine (doing rev-matches was jizz) running thru the ranges it really showed character....I am dying to drive a Z4M thoughh i hear they are on par if not better.
have you driven a Z3M? while i haven't "driven" a Z8 (i've only been a passenger in one), i do have plenty of seat time in a Z3 M Coupe, and judging by feel and responsiveness alone, i'd have to say that the Z is the more "pure" car from a performance standpoint - a more visceral, involving experience so to speak, despite being way down on power in comparison to the Z8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
Nothing drives like a Z8. Espically one with the 20" Alpina wheels. Its so special from the second you sit in the car. You really have to drive one to understand what I am talking about.
hmm...i would think NVH and ride quality in general would suffer simply because of larger wheels and low profile tires. that and the Alpina tune is weaker than the factory tune, go figure. i'd prefer a Z8 straight from BMW over an Alpina Z8...but myabe that's not the experience you were talking about...maybe you were just referring to the experience of indulging yourself in the cockpit of a $130k exotic roadster ?