02-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #49
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
the amount of attention that goes into the m cars are more emphasized.
this makes sense when you think about it, but i need you to elaborate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
m cars are more agressive cars. they appeal to a different crowd of people. ad the 135 appeals to the majority of people. bmw designed the 135 as a car that people could enjoy in the city. m cars are for people who like the driving experience and people who actually drive the car not the car drives them. so why on earth would bmw offer a non m car that outperforms their m series if their m series is performance oriented.
that's a ridiculously smug, indirectly-insulting statement to all non-m owners. my fair reaction to this statement would be "fuck you, i like to drive my cars you badge whore", but i'm not thinking that. hey, i'm a nice guy, what can i say. what i would like to say is that a 135i is almost as fun to drive as an m3 (and obviously not as fun as your m coupe. i bow down to those after having tracked them). and all BMWs are performance-oriented. that's like the damn mantra of the brand dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
just because it has an M badge does not make it a different driving experience, don't be a badge whore
i agree. while he might not be a full-on badge whore, he still has traces, whether he'll admit it or not. take off the badges, pretend the looks are the same, and focus on the driving experience/technology. it's up another level, but it doesn't mean that all the cars beneath it aren't performance-oriented, that's just plain ignorant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Both of these cars rip. Just choose one and be happy.
for once, i agree with you.
Appreciate 0