08-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #144
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Fighters do come in at 100%. Sometimes it's 90% sometimes it's 100%. A broken rib is something else (I have had one and have had bruised ribs on several occasions). When I was younger I could deal with it, now I can't even grapple with bruised ribs unless I have a rib guard. I often choose to take a break instead though.

Anderson never fuly committed to subs. They were not blocked. When he had the butterfly guard, he just sat there with it. Then when he had his feet on his hips, he never tried to turn the corner (that's a big key to a lot of subs). Anderson didn't posture up from open guard and didn't EVER try to sweep. Towards the later rounds he was content of minimizing damage from the closed guard. He didn't open it for the most part.

Sonnen loses to subs all the time. He has poor sub defense. I don't know how you can possibly think he was blocking Anderson's attempts when there were either barely any or he never fully committed to them. Sonnen got caught in the triangle because he was busy trying to throw punches because he is always ultra aggressive. He didn't smother and use grinding elbows from the top like GSP/Tito/Couture would. Watch the fight again, Sonnen was trying to get out. This, you are 100% wrong on. It was a triangle/armbar combo (see vid) though.

Demian Maia Submission (Triangle Choke)
Paulo Filho Submission (Armbar)
Jeremy Horn Submission (Armbar)
Renato Sobral Submission (Triangle Choke)
Jeremy Horn Submission (Guillotine Choke)
Keiichiro Yamamiya Decision (Majority)
Jeremy Horn TKO (Cut)
Scott Shipman Submission (Choke)
Forrest Griffin Submission (Triangle Choke)

As you can see he's been getting subbed his whole career.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics

Last edited by OC Guy; 08-09-2010 at 02:02 AM..
Appreciate 0