Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 335GT & 2000 Z3M Roadster

Garage List
2016 BMW 335GT  [0.00]
2000 BMW Z3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicM3 View Post
Looks really untity, why didnt you just have it wrapped?
Or, have it re-created from carbon fibre in china, I can supply a good contact and it is not expensive.
That defeats the entire purpose I got into this. When you mass produce something, you need to decide which product(s) you intend to produce and then build the moulds and then subsequently produce enough to justify the cost of all of the initial steps. I want to wrap parts you can't commonly get, or wrap with cloths you don't normally see used in mass production and lastly, the quaility of of the weave and part fitment is often an issue with Chinese parts. No disrespect, the Chinese make some great products, just not a fan of their CF workmanship. I've recently been approached by a supplier of CF parts for other brands for the same reason, but did ask me to wrap some pieces for his car that he couldn't get from China. Additionally, he admitted that the parts he gets often break when removed as they are too thin!!!

Plus, no need to saturate the market with Chinese mass produced parts; already enough guys selling those on eBay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lflaco View Post
Look son!!! that is awesome!!!!! GREAT work!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by correcaminos View Post
I like it and you can be proud of your work.
Anybody can write a cheque or swipe a card but not many can do what you did.
and lot of parts that got tossed along the way learning the craft and still constantly experimenting with new processes and materials....
Appreciate 0