View Single Post
      10-05-2011, 03:11 AM   #357
spanner1751
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i M sport sedan

Maybe not car related, but I made this word document to show another forum how I made a made a picture of a Finnish rifle backed by a Finnish flag.
You guys all probably know all this and are way beyond my skills.
I know PS 4.0 is really basic, but I like the calendar creator that lets you make calendars by the month instead of having to make a whole year's worth. I like to make calendars with my pictures.

Here is a tutorial on the steps I took to create my Finn M39 picture using Photoshop Elements 4.0.

1. I took the picture of the rifle with a Panasonic FZ-20 camera using two Vivitar 283 flashes. The first flash was connected to the camera by a cable and the second was triggered by a slave unit. The slave flash was pointed at the ceiling and the flash on the camera was pointed at the floor (or rug in this case). The rifle was just set on two chairs in my living room:

2. I used the magic extractor to separate the rifle from the background and rotated the rifle to fit diagonally in the frame. I also resized the picture to 700 width.

3. I then worked on the background. I chose a small round Finnish flag badge. The original size was 107X107. I resized to to 600X600 to make it easier to work on:

4. I used the liquify filter to reshape the circle into a square shape:

5. I lightened the image, cropped it and resized it to 600X200:

6. I used the splatter filter to give the Finnish flag some texture:

7. I then moved the rifle onto the Finnish flag background:

Appreciate 0