View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #15
poorlilpoop
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 135i / 05 WRX

Hopefully, this one will work out your parents.

For future reference, get a police report, as many others have suggested. If the cops say, they are busy and won't get to you for 3 hours.... you wait.

If someone begs not to call the cops, even more reason to call the cops. What are they hiding that they will beg?

Get a police report, no matter how good everything sounds, and others/you may feel.

Learn the hard way. Got a parking lot fender bender while back. Both of us were going less than 5 mph, in parking spot.

She pulled out, I back up. No real damage. My bumper pop out on its own.
We were waiting for a cop but it would take too long. She had a passenger that WALKED back to her work. I bumped her passenger side by the way.

Few months goes by, BAM. law suit. There was no legal document that said, she's ok. Even though both of us are fine. Hell, it's in the parking lot. What kind of physical damage can you get, getting bumped. I've been hit harder by kid's tonka cars.

All because we did not have legal statement, we can only go by he said/she said game.

Hell, it's been several month. I do not remember the every details. I had some cell phone pics of the damage, but that's about it. Maybe I should have recorded our conversation.

Anyway, it sounds like your parents got into complicated situation. It would have been harder in the beginning, but they wouldn't have to play guessing game, if they had called the police for report.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0