Weiser
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Brooklyn Grey M3 Manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubajay View Post
Well just for comparison, Dwyane Wade is donating his salary from tonight's game to the relief effort. He makes $210,000 a game. I think for a big time athlete like him, he could've easily donated $1mil, but $210,000 is pretty generous from one person, contrary to other celebrity donations. However, how can a company as big as BMW "only" donate $1mil? That's a cheap publicity gesture. The BMW brand gets more support from public, and they don't even see a dent in the wallet. I'm not saying they HAVE to see a dent in their wallet because at the end of the day they are donating, but how much can $1mil honestly do? SMH
Well for public companies from a business ethics standpoint they can only really donate what either:
  • is allowed by their bylaws approved by the shareholders
  • or will improve their brand image and thus potentially have some return over time

After all it isn't the managers money to do with as they please. By donating it they are taking it directly from their shareholders. That is why the preferred method is to usually return it to the shareholders and let them decide how they ration it out to donations.

Now that being said is BMWNA private or public? I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what their revenue is but $1 million doesn't seem like something to get upset about.
Appreciate 0