View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 10:35 AM   #14
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanm500 View Post
As a follow up, it looks like Turner Motorsport also has a lifetime guarantee like FCP, and they have a couple Pagid options. Any opinions on how the RSL29s would compare to DTC60/DTC70?
RSL29 is similar to a DTC30 and Carbotech XP8 which have a little lower COF. Basically one step below the DTC60. However, if the pad has the characteristics that you like then you might find it works better for you than a DTC60. You’ll know when you finally find the perfect pad for you. It took me the better part of a decade to finally find the brand that was perfect for me - PFC! After just a couple of hot laps, I couldn’t believe the difference. Started with 01. Then tried 03 and 05. PFC discontinued the 05 which was my favorite pad so I then tried the 11, 13 and 39 compounds. 11 is awesome but has a highly progressive COF vs. temp whereas the 39 has an insane COF from low temps to extremely high temps with no fall off! My lap times improved when I first tried 01 and continued to drop as I honed in on the perfect PFC compound.

Depending on how much you track, you could buy the RSL29 from Turner and DTC60 from FCP. Then compare them on track and see whether you like one more than the other or at least you’ll see how different pads perform in different ways. Like I said it took me an extremely long time to find exactly what I was looking for in a brake pad.
Appreciate 0