View Single Post
      03-30-2022, 04:36 PM   #55
Mog-10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1044864

At this moment I am running a super 8.8 from a s550 mustang with a tr2 diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Mixed results? Curious what you mean by that.

I’ve run the OS Giken pretty darn hard since the end of 2015 with no issues. I check in the AIM Solo data to monitor how my wheel speed spins look and they still look good after 6+ years.

As far as what one to get: Do not get Soec-S. Spec-S is simply a generic setup diff that someone came up with so that vendors could have diffs sitting in stock ready to go. You don’t want that. You want the diff setup to your specific car—-your weight, power, aero, driving style, tires, etc. Then the people at OSG take that info and set the diff up based on the thousands of cars they have setup and stored in their database. THAT’S the diff you want. It’s like an extra $150 for the custom setup. An E93 M3 that is not tracked is definitely going to need a setup quite different than a stripped out E92 race car with aero and slicks.

If you haven’t seen it, I did a lonnnnnnnng write up on the OS Giken diff vs the stock M3 diff in my build thread. If you have not seen it, and you really are interested in this topic, I highly recommend you check it out. It’s a 3-part write up that starts on page 8 and continues on page 9: Diff write up

Last edited by Mog-10; 03-30-2022 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0