04-06-2024, 07:35 AM   #102
jon949
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

Bass in Very Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryscherry View Post
I used the PAC LP7-2 LOC. Everything works, but bass is very very low. I have a Alpine MRP-M500 and JL 12W6v2. It was taken out of my old wrx and was working well.

Even with the with the gain and bass boost set to max, volume is very low. Messed with the LOC settings and nothing seemed to work. Wonder if i have a faulty LOC?
I have the same problem jerryscheery, I installed a sub and amp that was in another car (and sounded good in that car) but the bass is very low.

My car has iDrive. I tapped into the sub wires and ran directly to my amp (Hertz HDP1) as it takes high level inputs. I checked the bass settings on the stock head unit. I have adjusted the subsonic cross over, the low pass cross over as well as the level/gain to make sure they are correct. Bass is still low.

jerryscheery - did you fix your issues?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I somewhat fixed the low bass issues. I triple checked all connections and found a connection I tapped into one of the sub wires a but questionable. I redid it and the sound has gone from poor to ok. I assume only half the power coming in leading to the low bass output.

Last edited by jon949; 04-07-2024 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: Found a solutioom
Appreciate 0