View Single Post
      05-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #431
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

So, I ended up deciding to go to Nashville for the long weekend. It was either there or Chicago, but Chicago is pretty close for me and I can always visit there over a weekend. Nashville is ~12 hrs away, so a long weekend would be better. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I'll obviously be taking my 20D with me. I think my 17-40 f/4L, 70-300mm, and nifty-fifty should be more than enough to cover me. I was seriously considering just taking my 17-40. That would be good enough for wide-angle stuff and regular all-around shooting. I'd miss the telephoto stuff, but how often will I really change lenses on the go? Plus it's a pain in the ass to walk around for 10+ hours for a couple days with extra weight. Man... if only I had bought that Leica... it would be the body, one 35mm lens, and that's it.

Anywho... I've been to Nashville once before to see a Dave Matthews concert about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't do any sightseeing then, so my plan this time is to look around. Anyone have suggestions on places to see or things to do while I'm down there?