View Single Post
      01-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #17
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna View Post
My current phone is acting up and I will probably need a new phone soon. I'd get the same brand, probably would have gotten a free phone, but they have now changed the recharging plug, so now I need to get a new car charger. I see this as a good excuse to get a new gadget phone. I don't use the internet on the phone often but it's nice to have it to check my email in a pinch. I do text occasionally. Seems like voice clarity is still a problem in the US, when I was in Europe using the same phone sound quality was definitely better. Also strange is that sometimes I might not get a text, or when I send a text, it might not go through??

I am looking for a durable phone with good sound quality, bluetooth, small, and a good battery life. What does the new Bluetooth 2.0 do that the previous version couldn't do? Should I be looking for a phone with Bluetooth 2.0? I like the iPhone with the touch screen but hear it's been having quality problems . . . not durable (it cracks easily) and some the functions aren't working as it's supposed to, and besides the current phone is not even using 3G for wireless data. When will the new 3G iPhone come out?

I hear the Blackjack by Samsung is a good alternative. Any other ideas or recommendations?

BlackBerry 8800 series. I've been very impressed with mine. I'm rough on phones, so I go through one every 10-12 mos. This 8800 series (8820?) seems relatively rugged, and is VERY reliable. You really can't beat Blackberry for reliability. They aren't fancy, they just work better than anything else at what they do.

If you need / want a toy, look at the iPhone. It has more of the geewiz features, plays music, cool aps, neat gui, etc. The blackberry handles email better than anything made - it's the core of their product. The web surfing isn't that bad, I've used it to keep up with e90post threads for a while now. No audio player that I'm aware, and very few games, so it's not much of a toy.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0