Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i SG/SB

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
Angry Audio Issue

Hey Everybody,

I have a 2008 E90 328i and am having a strangely infrequent problem with the audio system. This happened once this past summer and just happened today. I started the car (hasn't been used since yesterday), and went to turn on the radio when all of a sudden the rear speakers started making a loud high pitched screeching tone. It was rather annoying and when I turned the radio on, the music (on both FM and CD) sounded very muddled - almost like AM radio sound quality. Also turning the volume up and down made no difference in the loudness of the screeching noise. I tried shutting the car off while stopped in a parking lot and removing the key from the slot and then quickly reinserting it and restarted the car, but it did not stop. Like last time, it only stopped when I turned the car off completely, exited the vehicle, and locked it. Afew minutes after I did that I came back to it and it had stopped. It hasn't given me any other trouble since this morning. Can anybody help with this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! - Ross