View Single Post
      02-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #28
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
I'm just going to throw it out there and see if anyone watches/follows cricket.

Plenty going on in the world of cricket, with England holding on to the Ashes and an epic duel b/w India and S. Africa
I follow all sports, cricket included.

Of all the sports I played, batting in cricket I found the most satisfying...there is a combination of power and mental thinking involved.

No real good teams out there, South Africa have that pace attack but inconsistent otherwise; INdia have good and capable batting (esp tendulkar, who remains...probably one of the greatest sportsmen ever, he's classy, consistent, and old, and still scores more than anyone), but India have bowling problems -- no good pace bowlers.

Pakistan is always a wild card, they had good pace bowling as per usual, until they got banned for illegal deeds. Their batting is always hit and miss.

Australia has really fallen; too many 20 20 shots...ujnable to complete 50 over cricket or test cricket. Bowlers have lost their lustre too. Where is Brett Lee? is he injured?

NZ...is NZ, they're fun
England is doing really realy well !!! <--- I think england might be an unusual wild card for the world cup...they're batting and bowling is excellent.

I'd say either England or India for WC...if I had to decided, I'd say India will crumble under pressure, though they are playing at home where their powerful batsmen (Yuvraj Singh, Dhoni, Pathan, Sehwag, Tendulkar) can be devastating in 50 overs. Singh, Pathan, and Sehwag are especially devastating. So can Pakistani and Australian batsmen, on flat tracks.

England have been doing it though -- on form they're good!
Appreciate 0