View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 03:39 AM   #46
jippii ensio
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL335i View Post
These twins will replace the factory turbos, with custom made manifolds as well, so both of each turbo will be connected to 3-3 cylinders. There is a good reason, as a good idea stands behind it, why we use different size of turbine housing and different size of wastgate on each turbo. The larger turbine house will have smaller wastgate compared to the smaller turbine house, which will have larger wastgate. We named it "twin-scroll" effect. At this moment i can't tell you, how they will work againts factory turbos or RB turbos, only time will tell. These turbos will spool up a little bit later than factory ones, but we try to built many-many small tricks and ideas to decrease the gap as small as possible.

Upgrade n54 with twin-scroll (or at least divided) turbine housing turbo is also a good idea, and maybe simplier than my project. We have tried to purchase EFR 7670, but BW could not sell it (the twin-scroll turbine housee) EFR 7670, so we choose another way.

Regarding the different turbo upgrades (RB, ASR, Shiv single,...): There are always different PATHS to walk through. All of them have advantages and disadvantages compared to each other.
Having a large WG in small housing and vice versa makes sense. however, already the stock configuration having twin turbos, is equal to having twin scrolls, one scroll in each turbo. Twin scroll is very important, but is there any additional need to enhance it from what it is already?
Appreciate 0