View Single Post
      12-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #322
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
Porsche has been putting turbo's on the 911 for ages now. Its not a big jump at all plus they are still using the same engine design which already accommodates FI in the 911 turbo. Its really because of cafe standards. going to a small 2.8L F6 with turbo for base carrera with 400hp. the Carrera S will retain 3.8L block with turbo pushing it over 500hp. GT3RS will be NA but lighter and probably 550hp plus a base price at $200k. hopefully they retain a manual transmission in the regular carrera and C2S but that could also go away.

changed my baby on the wing of my RS. makes great changing station. make sure paint protection film is covering it. I say go for it while you can! also when they are small they fit well in back of a 911. once they are about 9 then they are no longer viable rear seat passengers.
So, it's confirmed?

I like FI but I pefer NA and for me the 911 has always been a NA flat six and that would be my first choice even if I'm well aware of the turbos. My first drive in a 911 was a NA air cooled beauty and I still remember it as it was yesterday ( over 20 years ago..), Maybe I need to go for a CPO since I'm not ready to trade my F80 yet. Not the same though, I like to be the only owner of a new car. Pity.
Appreciate 0