General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
Well, lets see here, hes a wrestler... wrestlers get submitted more than ko because they are in the positions to get submitted, they arent going to get submitted standing and throwing are they?

Matt Hughes must suck and have no mental focus because most of his fights he lost were submissions as well eh? And pretty much all other wrestlers I assume you think suck becasue they often times get more submission losses over Ko. Bogus reasoning...
I wish you could argue this using better reason because "he's a wrestler." Let me spell it out for you a bit more clearly. He lacks mental focus because he gets submitted by the same move over and over making basic, low level white belt mistakes (see: wrist control). Matt Hughes has much better sub defense than Chael. I'm a big Hughes fan. Matt has lost 1 more match by sub rather than by anything else. When you look at Chael's record, it's primarily due to subs.

Look, Sonnen has lost to all top-level fighters other than Nate Marquardt. Nate almost had him in a guillotine.

For what it's worth, I respect Wrestlers dearly as I wrestled for several years. I respect Sonnen's wrestling abilities but he clearly needs to work on his ground game. Wrist control for 30 seconds? Poor posture? Leaving his arms out there all day long? Willing to fight in a Black Belt's guard instead of passing?

If you are going to try to argue, try to bring it a little bit better than trying equate anecdotal evidence comparing Matt Hughes to Sonnen and calling someone's opinion bogus.

Just curious do you have any grappling experience?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0