09-27-2010, 05:02 PM   #23
JLausch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenTul View Post
As a former Saab owner, Saab is no longer the manufacturer of innovative groundbreaking cars it once was.

Saab used to be the leader in turbocharged performance cars. In the 21st century, performance engines start at 300hp, not 220.

Saabs used to be hatchbacks with enormous interiors. Now they are just badge engineered vauxhall sedans.

Saabs also used to represent good value. Is there anyone on this forum that truly believes a 93 aero is competitive with a 328 at even money?

RIP Saab. We knew you well....

Possibly my favorite Saab of all the ones i owned, i had a Tally Red spg, now i drive a '91 9k Turbo for my DD (330k miles and still trucking along, original motor and 1 turbo rebuild). I hope Saab goes back to the way things were like you were saying. I don't expect a car superior to my 335, but a comfy solid all weather cruiser is what i look for in my Saabs.

There are also some theories floating around the webs that someday BMW will either own completly or have a stake in Saab in the future beyond tech sharing.... interesting to say the least.
Appreciate 0