12-04-2021, 04:47 AM   #34
scottjjr
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanateePrawn View Post
Hi All,

Sorry to hijack, I have gone thru this thread and many others like it and have been trying (and failing) for the last several months to get the NZ Maps loaded in to my Japan Import 2016 330E.

Have done the FA Change / VO code which now shows the vehicle as an "Australian Version" in ISTA+ and ESys; whenever I put the USB in with the NZ Maps, nothing happens at all.

The Japanese maps still show up and work and all the places I've gotten quotes for want at least $600+ to convert the HU to ID6, which I'd rather not do as I've read lots of issues can occur with the HU only having 2GB of RAM not 4 like in the later ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Out of ISTA+:
I-Step is: F020-20-03-540
VO showing: 0810 and 0853 active
Base Version: ECE
Road-Map/Abo: Road Map JAPAN EVO 2019-2/5-2019
Hmm have a similar challenge with a 2016 with NBT Evo. Be interested in what you've tried so far and how you got to that point.

I've tried a couple of ways now after fixing my VO coding issue.

- VO coded to original FA (japanese), then FSC pack bin file wouldn't run. Once VO changed to AUS the FSC pack runs, however unit now fades to black as per the region lock issue. Running the region unlock doesn't seem to fix it, only restoring the original japanese VO coding does.

- VO coded to AUS, then FSC pack runs, however issue as above still happens.

- VO back to japan, no more fade to black however still japanese maps (but these disappear after a minute or two) and no NZ maps firing up when plugged into USB.

Will try another full clean run tomorrow from the start, and if that gets no joy then maybe change the variant and country to ECE/Aus without the full VO code and see what happens then.

Have been working with the unlock/fsc code provider to resolve but things that are meant to be happening automatically at certain points aren't (e.g. the FSC bin pack or Maps firing up), and the timezone difference is making troubleshooting challenging (lots of sitting in the car in the dark!)
Appreciate 0