View Single Post
      12-31-2022, 08:29 PM   #69
Y2K13E92NA
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 NA

Thank You Right2Repair - I finished earlier today and seeded for a few people.

Hopefully this basic info may help someone when added to the information already posted by everyone. I had the fsc code already for my 2013 e92. I bought a Sandisk 256GB USB 3.0 from Amazon for about $22.00. The Sandisk USB 3.0 was already formatted to FAT32. You can check by right clicking on the drive in file explorer. There was only one partition. There was even some junk files in there from Sandisk that did not seem to disrupt anything.
- I needed to load the qBittorrent that was recommended. The torrent I used 2 years ago for the last update did not work. Could be my simple/lack of, understanding.

- Once downloaded from qBittorrent, the zip file showed up in my downloaded files in the file explorer as Road Map North America PREMIUM (USB) 2022.zip file. I had 7-Zip already down loaded on my PC, probably for my last map download. I believe this is needed to extract a zip file. Not sure if windows now has a built in .zip utility.
- I extracted the file and it created a directory called Road Map North America PREMIUM (USB) 2022. The directory had a subdirectory called pkgdb (68 Files, 30 Folders,30.5 GB (32,828,305,408 bytes) ) and config.nfm (1KB).
- I then selected the two (file and directory) and copied them to my USB drive.
- I then hooked up a battery tender to the car. I remember someone stating to do this in the past or do it while running the car. I saw Rober84m had the low battery message on his screen capture.
-Started navigation as instructed by Right2Repair.
I waited a couple minutes and then plugged my USB into the glovebox. A message appeared after a little wait (1-2 minutes), stating that there was a later version of maps on the USB. Rober84m's last screen shot showed the exact message. I selected Start Update. The next screen displayed a percentage completed screen. Do not remember how long it took but I believe it was less than an hour. As others stated you should be able to stop the download and it will pick up where it left off.

Last edited by Y2K13E92NA; 12-31-2022 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 1