01-01-2024, 09:51 PM   #24
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
My forgetting hand analysis comment was made because at least one team admitted they didn’t expect porpoising to occur which is basically forgetting the fundamentals/physics of the problem. Hence, the forgetting hand analysis is equivalent in forgetting the fundamentals.

034 rotors have been on the market for more than one track season yet only one person is using them on track. How do you know this user is using his braking system to its max performance? Rotor wear and performance can be vastly different between drivers - just look at the F blue calipers and see whether they’ve turned green. Another 034 set has been FS since May with no buyers. So only two buyers of 034 rotors for this track season? Not sure FCP warranty makes the 034 a better performing brake rotor. Girodisc offers oem and aftermarket brake kit rotor rings so there are clearly far more users of their rotors than 034 Audi, BMW and VW rotors. Does 034 offer a 405/380 mm N2H brake rotors? Girodisc does. I personally have no skin in the game because I have PFC brake kits on my e92 M3s and Essex/AP kit on my f82 M4. I found the stock blue brakes very limiting on track and I doubt adding an improved aftermarket rotor (Girodisc or 034) is sufficient to address the limitations of the stock brakes.
1) like I said before, not everyone is going to post on the forums, and most of the time if a person is going to go out of their way to make an account and post on the forum it's going to be because they're pissed off something went wrong and they feel like they have wasted their money. If everything is going perfectly there's a huge chance they won't even post. Look at jfritz if he didn't post we wouldn't have ever known he had them. Also Blake's garage is another who has run these rotors on the track.

2) Blake has run his m4 quite hard on the track and posts videos of his track use, and he's pushed hard enough that his brakes are almost black.

3) when I wrote this review I don't believe girodisc was available at turner yet. So only these rotors had life time warranty.

The reason why having fcp euro as a vendor is so significant is because their policy is everything they sell gets lifetime warranty. Turner and ecs have select products that get lifetime warranty, so there's a chance they can change their policy if too many people return brakes. Btw fcp doesn't care if you're the original purchaser or not, warranty follows the product. Idk about ecs or turner, so again that's why fcp's lifetime warranty is so good.

4) 034 is a vw/Audi and bmw specific vendor, their goal isn't to offer brakes for every platform. But if you want to compare, 034's manufacturer offers rotors for: 26 vehicle makes, and each make has multiple models as well, and they offer custom rotor services too. Girodisc offers it for 26 vehicle makes as well, so they're on par. 034's manufacturer also makes BBK's, that's one step further than girodisc. Now you know how capable 034's manufacturer is.

5) the stock blue brakes are hit or miss, some say they can manage it, some say they can't. It depends on braking style, power output, and track layout. But enough users have reported that with pads, lines, good fluid, upgraded rotors, shims, and a brake ducting kit - you can make these blue brakes very track capable. Bluecluesm3 used to track his f80 heavily on the blue brakes and could make them last a session before they started to fade near the end. Blake's m3 with 600whp and lots of aero is on the stock brakes without issue. That was on an extremely high power m3 and he didn't have ducting. So for the vast majority of the community who don't track enough to spend massive money on a bbk, they're going to want to upgrade the stock brakes, and it's possible to make them track capable.

Last edited by F87source; 01-01-2024 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 0