View Single Post
      01-01-2024, 10:51 PM   #30
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Firstly most sessions are 20-30 minute rotations, so most people are focusing on that. Second I've seen plenty of fast drivers who left foot brake make their blue brakes last these 20 minutes sessions, some people are harder on brakes than others, and some people excessively brake.

Either way like I said, some people will absolutely fade the stock brakes and require a BBK. But that simply isn't justifable for people that don't track enough to require it, nor the people that do time attack and are only on the track for a few laps at a time or auto cross. Not everyone will need a BBK, so you can't project your use case onto everyone.
I do not excessively brake. I brake late and minimize the time I stay on the brakes. I’ve been tracking > 30 years. Out of the people I know with F8x and f87, blue brakes are fading before 20 min. Open track and lapping sessions are at least 30 min, some 45 min, and the blue brakes are worthless by/before 20 min. I guess I prefer a consistent pedal so I’m confident every time I nail the brake pedal. It’s a waste of money if you’re having to manage the brakes after < 20 min on track.
Appreciate 0