11-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #317
Account Closed
Smarty Pants
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking123 View Post
I also find that the spacers change the steering feel somewhat. It's more firm around neutral/center and there seems to be a bit more feedback to the steering wheel when you hit bumps(?). So if you're debating between two sizes I'd recommend choosing the smaller ones... I'm personally going to downgrade my fronts somewhat.
You're absolutely right. Some people don't realize the difference, and can't tell....but ALL spacers will change the feel of the car as far as feedback and ride quality.

I purchased rear 15mm MS spacers and they were installed professionally, but I instantly felt more bumps on the road in the rear. I could definitely tell that the ride was a bit more thumpy. I can only imagine what the front will do....heavier steering, steering feel would be slightly changed (in a bad way), and the feedback to the steering wheel when going over cracks and road imperfections would be greatly amplified.

But, some people don't care, and most don't realize it....so, in a way, it's all good. I do have to say though, every M4 I have driven has had either less or more understeer than the other. Every M4 drives different. (At least the one's I have driven) I did get to drive an M4 with MS springs and 15mm spacers in the front and rear, and the car did handle better. The front had zero understeer.....on the road.
Appreciate 0