antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_cars
This entire thread is disappointing. I'm always encouraged by forums like these where I see a good concentration of enthusiasts, but then my hopes and dreams come crashing into the ocean of reality when I see that truly, we are a fraction of the buying population. This forum represents such a small portion of BMW owners that actually care.

There isn't a single car in BMW's lineup today that I would buy new off the lot if I had 60-80k to drop on a car. That's just the reality - as an enthusiast looking for a performance vehicle period - sports car or not - there's so much better bang for your buck out there.

I was happy to pay $25k for my 135i with 30k miles on it and with $5k into it I've got a great HPDE car with an aftermarket LSD. What else am I going to buy in BMW's lineup at a reasonable price like that?

It's disheartening to see that 10 years from now, many of us will be in a very difficult boat if looking for a pure sports car, or even an acceptable performance coupe. The landscape is changing - sure Corvette will still be around, and others, but the future is electric steering and crap like that, even in a Corvette. It will come.

I'll be the poor schmuck scouring classifieds for a 30 year old car to restore just so I can have an enjoyable driving experience.
Great post.
Appreciate 0