spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrackDude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Did you figure out the culprit? I'm running into this same issue after installing new TAs, 02 sensors and X-Pipe - threw in new header donut gaskets and I'm still getting the 2B0D code, the car ran great before installing these parts =(
the ICV replacement got rid of the core issue. I also did the a cooling system refresh after that to get rid of my intermittent coolant thermostate sensor code, and now now codes are getting thrown, so yeah.. it seems to be fixed, and in my case, the ICV was the culprit. My old unit was pretty dirty (having looked at it a bit, not necessarily here/there, but I can imagine it being involved, around 109k miles on the clock fyi.

My exhaust donuts were fine, not releated at all in my case.

Sadly, in the final steps, my 1.5 year old repaired footwell module crapped out. So I went for a new retail unit this time (le sigh, this car, I swear...)
Haha damn, I've had 3 of these over the years and all have been great except this one which is intended to be 90% track focused so I want to make it totally bulletproof. I noticed a cracked idle control valve hose to the plenum which is likely the culprit.

Think I'll replace the ICV + other hoses/valves anyways just to be safe with 90k miles and unknown maintenance history.