View Single Post
      09-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #66
LotusBMW
Fast Wagoner
Australia
Rep
Drives: E91 335i | E36 M3 and more...

Don, go here and look at the table half way down http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...als-p2324.aspx
Steptronic after Sept 07 are a small bolted diff. Same as me as mine is a 10/07 build. If I was wanting 100% confirmation I'd shoot the vendor your VIN and get them to confirm.

I spoke to the vendor and they recommended seals and bearings as the bearings could get damaged when being pressed out of the housing as part of the process of installing the LSD centre. The only way to know if they did get damaged is to press them back in and find out you've got a bearing noise once it's all assembled and back in your car...Would you take the chance? May as well attend to the maintenance items while you're in there as you won't go back there again.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteonled View Post
I'm tempted as well... went for a tour up north over a few days and noticed the rear wheels spin quite a bit as if it has an open diff without any electronic locking.

I still don't quite get how you work out which one you need? I have an E91 build dec 07 with steptronic. I understand there is a large diff and small diff?

Also I was told to ask does the deal come with the oil seals for the half shafts. I was told these are about $90 a side from BMW so sounds like it would be good to get with the package if possible.