View Single Post
      04-09-2024, 07:40 PM   #51
Vmaxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
I laugh when people post these bullshit EV slump articles. They're just expensive and it's America's last defense to stop High volumes of Chinese or start up companies from stealing from Detroit which has long been the governments bitch.
Picked up my R1S in February, absolutely love it, and my Chevron bill went from 280 a month to 40-50 a month. Electric bill has not changed at all, ZERO.
Drink the kool aid!
Expensive? How so? The majority of EVs out there with incentives are not only similarly priced to comparably equipped ICE models, but they are often cheaper! For example, cost of a Tesla Model 3 versus a comparably equipped Corolla. Also, the Ford Lightning can be had for less than a comparably equipped ICE model, and yet nobody wants them!

The Rivian is a great vehicle, congrats btw. But it’s another example, when you compare it’s equipment and performance it’s actually much cheaper than comparable ICE models and even with their very enticing lease and promotional offers they still sell nowhere near the amount of their ICE competitors. The demand is simply not there yet, and perhaps will never be.

And let’s not forget the prices of used EVs, they are dirt cheap! Many of them lose 50% of their value in two years. So I would honestly say that EVs are currently the more affordable option.

Last edited by Vmaxx; 04-09-2024 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
MDuckie96.00