View Single Post
      06-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #63
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
personally, i think the whole "upgraded twins with different turbo manifolds" is not worth it.

*it will be more costly than a big single turbo

*more points of failure or points where issues can arise, from twice the turbo's, twice the downpipes, twice the oil/coolant lines, twice the wastegates, etc.

*single turbo will be more efficient. log manifolds suck and are not as efficient as a properly designed tubular manifold. the upgraded twins will have higher exhaust back-pressure, resulting in higher IAT's, less power, etc.

*you're going to have just as much lag and boost response as the single turbo kit

*a properly sized, single turbo on the n54 won't lag much worse than stock turbo's, as illustrated by FBIS and vishnu's recent threads. look a the dyno's, especially the ones with the stock dyno over-layed onto the single turbo dyno

*twin turbo's will produce much higher torque, which will kill transmissions, axles, etc faster. a single turbo will have more hp than tq, as shown by vishnu's work. twin turbo upgrade will run more torque than vishnu's kit. personally, i wouldn't want more than 500 ft-lbs to the wheels, like the single turbo kit runs

*i'm not just basing this just off vishnu's kit. they're the first with real, quantifiable results. others will fall in over time. a single turbo is better for the n54, all things considered.
Appreciate 0