View Single Post
      11-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #223
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Idk about lucked out. I think the Eagle's game was pretty convincing. I would have the Bears to beat the Lions this week at any strength
Dunno about that. The Lions have played very convincingly against much better teams than the Bears, except for the "breaking point" in the second half where the Lions become the Lions and unravel. They've shown they can hang with much better teams than the Bears, provided they don't beat themselves.

Don't forget, the Lions wouldn't still be setting the record for consecutive road losses if it wasn't for the ridiculously puzzling, most counter-intuitive, and micromanaged call I've ever seen on Calvin's catch. For a team who was lucky to walk away with a win when you played us at home (with most of our game being played by our backup QB anyway), I wouldn't have been confident of anything against the Lions this weekend in Detroit. However, because Stanton's going to play, you guys should only now rest easy.

You base the Lions's latest performance on scores alone I assume? I guess you would have to watch the game to understand at which strength they're playing before having one or two dumbasses have "Lion Moments" which cause everything to unravel.... If they play against the Bears like they did against the Pats (whole different league than Chicago) for most of the game, or the Jets (also definitely head and shoulders better than the Bears), or the Cowboys (who are actually not playing bad under Garett), but this time have no late meltdowns, a victory would be virtually guaranteed for Detroit. But there's no way that's happening with Stanton. The guy is probably the worst player on any roster in the NFL. Not only that, but he probably can't even play the whole game, because our O line can't keep a QB from getting injured ever.... Who would we put in then? McCown? O'Sullivan? Only other QB we have ATM is Zac Robinson and we're looking at those two other homers I mentioned, but no matter what, if our best case scenario is Stanton, the game shouldn't even be close.
Appreciate 0