View Single Post
      09-13-2022, 11:34 AM   #1
siv1402
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini One Clubman 2018

Thumbs up Apple Carplay for BMW-MINI with ENAV EVO or ENAV2

I bought a MINI One Clubman 2018 without Navi hoping that Apple Carplay works on it. Sadly Carplay option wasn't available so i approached the local MINI handler and they said the Head Unit has to be completely changed and it would cost EUR 2800+ service charge. I didnt wanna invest such an amount for Carplay. Though i invested my time on finding if its possible in other ways. Searched a lot of Bimmer related posts, found a person nearby in Germany with a Bimmer mods website and called him regarding this. He said the same that the Head unit has to be changed and this time EUR 3000.

I continued my research until i found a couple of providers who offered to provide it at a comparitively very low price. I approached kubax86 and confirmed if CP could be activated, he checked my VIN and promised it could be done. On VIN verification by myself there wasnt 6CP option available so i had a doubt if it has WIFI antenna or not. But kubax86 said it should work fine.

I purchased the required cables from Amazon and CP Activation his website
received an email after purchase along with video instructions. Activation was a cakewalk with those instructions.

After activation Carplay still didnt appear on Home and in Vehicle Settings i found CP option but couldnt check that option. I messaged him and he was readily available to answer, he said the Car must be turned off for 10 minutes. Locked the car went for a walk tried after 10 minutes and bingo it worked.

Thanks a lot kubax86 from www.bimmer-remote.com
Attached Images

Appreciate 0