06-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #626
Bimmer335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 Sparkling Graphite 335i Sed

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
I'm a die hard mavs fan, however:

I think too many are people are on Lebron. I don't have a problem with anyone putting something in their jersey or getting a tattoo saying (superman or diesel) or any other seemingly cocky thing. Its even a smaller thing when its something under a jersey and not out in the open. I've played a lot of sports in my life and understand the fact that the cockiness is a personality "flaw" that usually comes with the territory. But without that "flaw" they probably wouldn't have the personality to want to be the top 1 or two in the world.

One thing I can say about Lebron is that he has always been a seemingly good guy. He's never been in trouble and has always been likeable IMO. I think his agent and the Heat organization let him down and turned him into a a "villian". You can bet that his agent convinced him to do "the decision". Also, it was the Heat organization who decided to throw the celebration party at the beginning of the season.
Frankly, i couldn't careless about his personal life, but he puts himself out there in the spotlight, he craves it, and he wants it on him. So as a casual observer, I'm just expressing my opinion..at the end of the day, he couldn't careless about me and millions other regular folks, who still are going to have our "personal problems,", while he's living his rich and famous lifestyle..it's all good..everyone of us has our own life path and destiny.

Nobody's perfect, we all have flaws and our insecurities, but this guy who claims to be everything, but God himeself. In terms of sports, and basketball specifically, he hasn't done/won anything of substance yet he acts like he does..personally, humility and being humble takes you far, very far.

But enough of him, grats to Mavs..anytime anyone could sweep a 2x defending champs are more than deserved to win a championship. Next year will be another hotly contested and exciting NBA season, if we're going to have one...looking forward to it.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...more re-runs for the summer...sigh.....