View Single Post
      05-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #40
eleven11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: -F85 X5M-

Looks like an older thread that got bumped, but I'll add my piece since it's fresh.

I'm mostly mesomorph. I like to lift more than your average person, but I'm not hardcore. Also, I'm a physician. I use the stuff everyday - I don't get annual BMPs (to eval my kidney function), but I drink liberal amounts of water. I'm not concerned about ill health effects (again, that's for me taking 5gm/day with alot of water and knowing my body).

Protein and total calories are absolutely your most important aspect of getting bigger. If you have to (and many in your size category do), you'll have to just go overboard on total intake and shave the extra fat you pick up at a different stage. 6 meals a day (never more than 2 hours between), casein protein before bed, whey and natural other times.

As for creatine - yes, I would say take it every day, following a workout, with a whey shake. Some argue before or during, I prefer post-workout and have seen one study in the past that gave post-workout a slight edge. Loading isn't needed. After 2+ weeks of being off of it, I absolutely notice a difference in my overall bulk and strength. For me, it doesn't feel like water weight at all, despite knowing that is a significant aspect to it. Hope this helps.
2011 135i Coupe - Retired
2007 335i Sedan - Retired
Appreciate 0