02-27-2009, 07:03 AM   #53
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
this makes sense when you think about it, but i need you to elaborate.

that's a ridiculously smug, indirectly-insulting statement to all non-m owners. my fair reaction to this statement would be "fuck you, i like to drive my cars you badge whore", but i'm not thinking that. hey, i'm a nice guy, what can i say. what i would like to say is that a 135i is almost as fun to drive as an m3 (and obviously not as fun as your m coupe. i bow down to those after having tracked them). and all BMWs are performance-oriented. that's like the damn mantra of the brand dude.

i agree. while he might not be a full-on badge whore, he still has traces, whether he'll admit it or not. take off the badges, pretend the looks are the same, and focus on the driving experience/technology. it's up another level, but it doesn't mean that all the cars beneath it aren't performance-oriented, that's just plain ignorant.

for once, i agree with you.
hey, i didn't mean for you to interpret what i said that way. and if you did i am sorry. i never said that non m cars aren't performance oriented because that is what BMW is about, the ultimate driving machine. but i was just expressing an opinion. take the nissan skyline for example. that is a car that you can just jump into and anybody can drive. that is what i referred to a car that drives you because you don't have to put much empasize in the driving. I was saying that m cars you have to learn how to drive them. the whole thing that i said about the driving experience, i didn't mean for it to sound the way it did, i meant it to be people who like the m style driving experience. non m and m cars are different in the direction of performance. i never drove the 135, but i am sure it is a fun car. so sorry for the way it came out, i am one of the nicest guys you would ever meet, but i just don't have a way with wording things if you know what i mean.

for the comment about me elaborating more. i was watching a show about the bmw factory. it was actually how they build the z4. the things they did to the m were different than the z4. they just paid attention to details differently, than a non m car. the m cars are more focused to achieve performance, because that is the direction they try to head with the cars. now i am not saying that non m cars aren't a performance car, just that they have a different goal they try to achieve, performance without the sacrifice of comfort. i hope i am not trying to sound like an ass hole, and i am definetly not a badge whore, sorry for a false image of myself. all bmws are excellent cars!