View Single Post
      05-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
jwise36
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 328i X drive

Drivers Beware: reported license plate (Dash cam group buy?)

I was downtown with two other people in the car. i approached a stop sign and came to a FULL stop. I had received a ticket in the past for a rolling stop and cops are all over the side streets in the city so I always make sure my car comes to a COMPLETE stop.

A women in her gigantic SUV is on her cellphone barreling down the road most likely speeding, she does not have a stop sign. as I pull forwards to look around the blind corner I make eye contact with her, again fully stopped and she cuts very close to my car. She then stops her car in front of mine blocking the intersection, rolls down her window, and tears me a new one with expletives ive never a lady utter before. "YOU DUMB FUCKING CUNT!!!! ITS YOUNG PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE THE ROAD A DANGEROUS PLACE"

In shock my friends and I can do nothing but chuckle, I did not exchange any words with her, simply waved and smiled proceeding on with our trip. at the next intersection she pulls up beside my car, rolls down her window again but this time with a pen and notepad in her hand and shouts out my license plate number.

In a split second decision, I got out of my car with my cellphone, and took a picture of her licence plate just to have it on record if anything came about (i never thought anything would)

My day goes on, had a nice lunch, get home to wash my baby and about half way through the washing process a police car pulls into my driveway. The lady had gone to the police station in person and reported me for running a stop sign, running a red light (which I would NEVER even think of doing), reckless driving, and said that i got out of my car to "fight her" but only didnt because the light had turned green (so how did i even run a red light!?!?). The officer was one of the nicest people I have ever met and explained to me that if someone reports a plate, they are obliged to show up at your house within 48 hours. He said that stuff like this happens "far too frequently" What kind of law is this? He even told me that he had better things to do and thinks its totally ridiculous but the women said she "felt threatened" by me. Now im no large individual, i was dressed in a suit and tie, not the type of person to ever pick a fight with anyone let alone in a heavily populated intersection.

nothing came about of it, but there is now a blurb in the system that i was reported. Let this be a warning to everyone to be extra careful with people like this, thinking back i guess i shouldn't have gotten out of the car but when i showed the officer the photo of her plate he said i did the right thing!

We should all have dashcams in this day and age, he said that if she wanted to she could press charges, thankfully nothing happened.

sorry i just had to vent, my entire neighbourhood now probably thinks im a felon with an all black bimmer after the cop spoke with me about cars (even had me play my sound system for him!) for almost 30 minutes
Appreciate 0