01-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #97
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
It's funny how it's always blamed on the QB. He definately threw away 2 games this year. But other than that, he had great numbers this season. And at times looked as good as any QB in the league. He can be great. Say what you will but no QB wins in this league without a D behind them. And our secondary is just God awful. They couldn't cover OR tackle anyone.

I know it's the popular thing to hate Romo. But every season he puts up pro bowl numbers. He has had oppurtunities when it mattered that he nutted and I realize that's what defines a QB in the end. But if you look at all the "Greats" in history, they had teams behind them when they finally won.

We have horrible chemistry. A fucking owner who won't STFU....and sub-par coaching.

He led a 4th qtr comeback with a broken rib and collapsed lung against one of the best teams in the league (49ers)...one of the best defenses in the league too. I think he played pretty well against the Giants this last game considering how bad our D was.

I thought I was done with him after the 1st couple games......but he came back and finished the season strong. There is much more blame to go around than on him.
the bolded statement is what i've been feeling all season. they've been beat more times this season than i'd like to remember...and this last game just made it abundantly clear that the secondary needs big changes if they stand a chance to do anything next year.
Appreciate 0