Thread: 335 vs evo x???
View Single Post
      07-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #36
SilverEvoX
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Rotor Glow Evo X

Not to start any trouble here but all this talk about the 335i outrunning the X is a little bit off. If you base it from a highway roll you're going to be about dead even, the X is lighter than the 335 but loses a bit more power from drivetrain loss however our gears are going to allow for instant response from just about any speed roll race. The 14 sec times recorded in that article are from poor driver skill because there are plenty of Evo X's in the 13.6-13.7 range bone stock and would be faster still but the clutch doesn't hold the power well at all in its stock form.

No offense intended but the only way a 335 would catch and out run an Evo X from a stop-any speed would be if they were racing to maybe 150+. The Evo would put about a 1-1.5 car gap on you out of the hole and they would be holding the same speed until aerodynamics kicked in at really high highway speeds in which case the 335 would have the advantage.

Elmariachi: The 335 never wins hands down especially stock for stock. You walked him with a tune and intake, I'd guarantee you without a shadow of a doubt that with a tune and intake on my X you would be getting walked pretty badly. Test pipe and intake now and I can outrun the 135i which I know is faster than the 335's; we ran from a 50-90 punch and I was pulling away.

Like I said, no offense to anyone but wanted to set a few speculations straight about the performance of the X. They are different cars with different mind sets and typically you don't find people comparing a BMW and a Mitsubishi together for the same reasons, you either want luxury or you want performance and whatever your bias is, you chose the one that most suits your driving style.
Appreciate 0