BOTUS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
I don't see why you wouldn't go for usb
[/url]
a CD sounds much better than the garbage that comes out of 6fl USB, I have both and I put best quality possible on iphone connect by y cable and its nowhere near as good as putting the cd in the boot.

109 is dirt cheap just go buy it.

good player 60 to 140 on ebay
bracket 20
trim 29 to 59
u have to play musical chairs behind left rear side bolster to put the player in fibre optic loop (EVEN when u have pre wiring)
coding can be done before or after the fibre optics... takes less than 5 min with autologic, no downloading, its in the retrofit list on the tool

No CIC doesn't give USB audio as std.

As you have the sat nav dash then CIC and COMBOX will be about 1200 !!! vs 109
I just saw you have CCC, so car is quite high spec. Do you have Bluetooth?

To go factory USB, you need either MULF2 HIGH (or the later COMBOX), if you have a European spec car and Bluetooth you will have the MULF2 HIGH box in the boot. This same module does 6FL USB Audio and BT

If not u can add either of these for about 200 in parts or 400 fitted

If missing USB and BT get it sorted plenty will do drive in drive out COMBOX for 400 quid, an absolute bargain vs the stress and time of other ways. My guess you will be spending the next 6 months searching for parts and driving round and round to get coding done every weekend its not worth it.

NOTE: Before any retrofits get car integration updated by main BMW dealer. Other wise will for ever be chasing your tail to get diagnostics to work or subsequent retrofits to go smoothly. Car will go better all for bargain price of 1 hrs labour or 2 if they are crooks. Good luck asking, dealers hate it!!!. But after any retrofits by non BMW workshop BMW can't do it as the list of toys doesn't match what BMW think it should have and it crashes system!!!

Autologic tool will do updates and can work around added toys but takes 9 hrs plus on some cars, if BMW do it should be over in 2 hrs. (1hr of chargeable work, 2hrs of the car taking programming)... but non factory fitted toys tie them in knots. I never found anyone who would try to do any updates with autologic... I have 2 mates with them and they won't and a 3rd wanted 900 quid !!!

If you want real advice get rid... far better to buy a car with the toys than put them on after, and if starting again it would never be on a 3 series !!! By the time you've done all this and factored in your time and stress... you could have done some overtime and just bought a 2010 530d with the right toys

Next week you will be wanting to upgrade the stereo as its appalling. That's another 1000 to do it to basic std should have had in first place. Last tip DAB is absolute garbage... I have this aswell reception in almost perfect but its the rubbish quality of broadcasts that ruin it with overblown bass. Think of it as super low quality FM not an upgrade.

bargain bucket advice just get CDC and then get a pikey 2014 map disc for 20 to 25 quid. You may well get 7 digit postcode and speed cameras !!! And remember to get some ear plugs for when you realise quite how shit the stock stereo is (regardless of factory upgrade options) If I was you I'd leave like that, CIC is cool but stupid money and stereo sound done well is 1200 quid.

Last edited by BOTUS; 03-15-2014 at 03:42 AM..
Appreciate 0