View Single Post
      04-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #96
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
I think the meaning of M is definitely bleeding...

I have nothing against large 4x4s with big powerful engines, but to call it an M is an indication that you have very high hopes in terms of what a large 'truck' can do, or the M badge doesn't hold the same meaning it once did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
BMWblog.com is saying that the X6-M lapped the ring in less than 8minutes.
Of course we don't know if this is true, but a BMW engineer also allegedly "slipped" that the X5/6M as as quick as the M3 around the ring at a press event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
They've turned a brand once unique for driving enthusiasts to justify the sales of other cars which are not really true to the meaning of M. The new BMW 760 is just as powerful, so it makes you wonder why it's not an M7.
Because the 7 series is tailored for a smooth ride and road use. Just having a big engine does not a performance car make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0