08-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #53
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Unions have abused their powers so much, it's hard not to see the move towards 'union' busting, it's really not against the people it's against entitlement issues that many unions have. Just this morning, it's another union issue with Verizon.

The US, not just the private sector are going to be severing ties with Unions over the next couple of years as they are no longer necessary, rather they cause more harm then help. I've heard horror stories from project managers unable to 'talk' to union members because it wasn't apart of their negotiated contract - while they were on the SAME contract. The government has many laws to protect 'service' employees, and set prevailing wages. Unions, union dues are simply inefficient.

System is broken, there is a LOT more to the story then just BMW flipping a switch and removing good workers, BMW is a lot smarter than that.
i'm an IBEW member which is currently on strike against verizon. i have no entitlement issues, my company wants to throw out our contract, take away sick days, 2 holidays, pay cuts, and out source jobs overseas. this is not a struggling company, it is just another american company cost shifting. This is a company that made 24.5 billion dollars last year, paid zero in taxes but still got a refund of 12.5 billion dollars.

as far as the talking to the manager comment, work on this side of the fence and you will understand. my manager misfiled my work absence paper work so i had to refill the same paper work 5 times because of his inability to do his job. it was not a benign action as i was faced with severe job actions an possible termination, all while out sick because my doctor thought i had a brain tumor.

unions keep us from working in hazardous conditions, in which i have lost co-workers in tragic deaths due to negligence. you try and tell a little girl why her dad sat in a bucket truck burning while rescue crews sat idle due to the electrical hazard that was created by an unskilled contract worker. Joseph Allard only died after weeks of suffering from 3rd degree burns and lost appendages.
Appreciate 0