View Single Post
      12-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Trav
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP

She's here! My first BMW and PCD.

I just wanted to say hello to the community here. I've been lurking for a while now. I started this journey in June with an allocation for a 1M that fell through when they came up short on production numbers. After some deliberating and work with my CA, I ended up with an order for a 2012 e92 M3 in October. Went into production very quickly, and I had PCD scheduled for Dec 12th. I'd have it before xmas!

Well, we just got back from South Carolina. Performance delivery was amazing, and reading other people's stories about it here on the forum still didn't do it justice. First class all the way. The hotel was great. Everyone there was super nice and accommodating. On the shuttle over to the center the next morning, I told my wife, "I hope I don't see my car right away since we have to go right to class and driving." Sure enough, my car in right in the front entrance of the show room, and when I saw it my jaw hit the floor. Couldn't stop smiling.

The driving experience was incredible. I've put in hundreds of hours doing sim racing with a full cockpit with games like Forza and Gran Turismo, but nothing could have prepared me for the full weight and reality of driving on that course in an M3. I've never pushed a car so hard. Absolutely incredible feeling...addicting. I loved seeing my wife go from "I'm in it for the vacation" to "omg I've never thought it would be so much fun to drive a car like that."

Lunch was delicious. The instructors were fantastic and really love their job. Donnie was with us out on the course, and Andy walked me through all the features of my car. Oh, the factory tour blew us away as well. We were just kind of awe struck from seeing the process from the inside. Had the keys to my car, and we were on our way to Savannah for the night before 3pm.

And this thread is probably pointless without more pics (the pics by the lake are at family's house in some beautiful country outside of Columbia):

Appreciate 0