06-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #78
_Vlad_
Private First Class
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
So Vlad, hows the car runnin, I am expecting a p-tronic box for my X6 35D coming in september.
Hey John! My car is in a repair shop right now, they had to change the front bumper. (somebody hit me in the parking lot).

I had the chance to test the P-tronic box only for 1 day, before my car went into service.

My impressions were very good after trying the P-tronic box: the power-delivery was excellent (it went fast from 1.800 rpm to 2.500, and after 2.500, even faster - at 2.500 rpm, it felt like another turbo went in).

I didn't have the chance to put the car on a dyno (yet) and i didn't do a 0-62 run, but i'm sure it goes at least 0,5 s. quicker than before; we'll see.

The gas millage didn't change at all, although the car was pushed hard all day long. (8,5-9 l/100km)

I hope I'll get my car back this week (I'm having some trouble with my insurance company - ALLIANZ which somehow forgot to pay BMW Service). After that i'm planning to do a test against a friend of mine that drives a BMW 320d E92 (also with a powerbox - but DTUK, bought from UK) to see which chip gives the most power (and how it delivers it).

Cheers,

Vlad

P.S.: Congratulations for the car; excellent choice.
Appreciate 0